I recently had some sad moments dealing with pants that barely fit and shirts that won’t fit. And, it’s things like that which are a huge slap in the face.
I need to do something to make a dent towards the effort to lose my extra weight. And, I have come up with five DAILY things that should be easy to do, and, which, if done with conviction, should lead to (at least) losing a few pounds over the next month or so. They are:
- Weigh myself and note the weight everyday, or as close to daily as possible.
- Stop eating at 7:30 PM everyday. (I seem to do a lot of mindless and stress snacking at night when there’s really no need for it. I should be able to go the 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours between the end of dinner and bedtime without stuffing my face.)
- Drink a huge glass of water at the completion of every meal.
- Limit my “daily bread” to just one meal per day. (Having a bagel for breakfast, a hero for lunch and pizza for dinner is not going to help anyone lose weight.)
- Never eat inside my car for any reason.
Seriously, how hard can it be to do these 5 things? There’s no excuse for not doing it. And, if they work, maybe in a month or so, I can add some more like “Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and/or veggies per day”?
It starts today.